Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: EZSkin v2

Snarlygribbly opened this issue on Jul 21, 2012 ยท 101 posts

Snarlygribbly posted Fri, 27 July 2012 at 6:18 AM

Quote - > Quote - As long as Mouth parts, Torso, Limbs, Head, and Eye groups can be given a different Scatter group number through the EZSkin interface then I think that would save people a lot of work. I'm developing a character/texture set for the Marketplace and have had to manually go through and number these groups so that I could cut down on the blue problem at render. I'm pretty sure other people would find this useful.

I actually thought EZSkin did this automatically now?

EZSkin adopts a fairly simple approach: everything goes in Group 1 except the 'skin' shader, which goes in group 2. There's a second skin shader which is identical but goes in group 3 - that one is called 'nostrils' because that was its intended use :-) In fact, in my own renders I sometimes use 'nostrils' instead of skin on some materials, just to get the different grouping. You could do that LatexLuv's character's limbs, for example - set them to use 'nostril' shader and they'll still get the same nodes as the skin shader but with a different grouping. I wish I'd called it 'Skin2' or something now!

Also, we should remember that EZSkin is designed as a generic solution that works on all figures, not just V4. Assigning scatter groups to 'groups' of materials only makes sense if a figure has material zones that lend themselves to such groupings. For example, some figures only have a single matzone for torso and limbs combined so putting them into separate groups is not possible.

I'll think about this a bit more. There are several different approaches that could work and I need to make sure I choose the best one.

The big question to answer is whether the scatter grouping should form part of the figure definition or not. A 'yes' answer to that has a lot more complications than a 'no' answer for me :-)

Free stuff @ https://poser.cobrablade.net/