Forum: DAZ|Studio

Subject: Reality Render thread. A new beginning.

Pret-a-3D opened this issue on May 14, 2012 · 8453 posts

Sharkbytes-BamaScans posted Mon, 30 July 2012 at 7:11 PM

Quote -  

This render was a bit of a challenge. I wanted her looking out of the window at some nice scenery. The scenery also had to provide the main light, being daytime. So I used an IBL (from hdrlabs). I also wanted the effect of sunlight streaming through the window. The IBL couldn't provide that, as cranking up the output washes out the background. So I added a sun, and set the direction of the sunlight the same as the IBL light. As the sun is a powerful light, it obliterates the IBL light. Therefore, I changed the Sky setting in Reality to the lowest setting I could: 0.0001. The IBL setting in Reality was bumped up to 2. Then, in LuxRender, I changed the sun parameter to 0.000200. Lastly, with the IBL and sun coming through the window, the inside of the house was a little dark. It didn't look as if there was daylight coming through the back windows. A meshlight was therefore added, and placed to the left of the scene. For that I used the Daylight preset, and turned the power down to 10.

I think it all worked out quite well.

Oh, and the leopard. It is the bodyguard.

I also rendered a DOF version. You choose which one you like best :)

Looks like the Malibu Overlook ibl set from hdrlabs.  One thing.. for getting the light to stream through the window, could the light portal prop have focused the light more easily to get the effect you were looking for?  Add in the fog prop with it's settings set real low to make some of the dust particles that are naturally visible in all well-lit air?