Forum: DAZ|Studio

Subject: Reality Render thread. A new beginning.

Pret-a-3D opened this issue on May 14, 2012 · 8453 posts

superboomturbo posted Wed, 01 August 2012 at 3:41 PM

Quote - any tips to help solve texture seams? i'm having a hard time to get rid of texture seams in my characters, i'm using "Full size" in Texture size option, and i'm not using SLG.  I tried different settings in texture size option but they didn't fixed the problem.

Before you do a fancy scene, try a 'basic'/roots type image with just one character and a mesh light. By this, I mean to load up your default, standard character in Studio and a mesh light preset from the Reality folder. Call up Reality, play with the mats if you wish, then hit render. This sets a good base line for troubleshooting purposes.

As Erik-nl mentioned, I suspect that some warping has occured. The standard M4/v4 should translate perfectly (outside of whatever changes you make to the skin mats) through reality and into lux.

When you get that perfected, try installing a preset in the ACSEL database to an item you have installed and see what happens in that instance.

In general, seams become an issue when the resolution is too small for the mesh it is mapped to. A standard skin texture is normally around 4096 pixels by 4096 (the face and body textures, to be precise). If they slip to half that, say 2048, you'll see those gastly white lines, or even larger blotches, in your render.

If you're using Gen 5 characters and (m5/V5) a gen 4 skin texture set, peek over to the Surfacing tab and make sure you have the correct UV setting, which is near the bottom.

crimsonworx.com; free ebooks and previews

I've bowed down to facebook: https://www.facebook.com/crimsonworx