Forum: DAZ|Studio

Subject: Reality Render thread. A new beginning.

Pret-a-3D opened this issue on May 14, 2012 · 8453 posts

superboomturbo posted Thu, 02 August 2012 at 1:25 PM

Quote - > Quote - any tips to help solve texture seams? i'm having a hard time to get rid of texture seams in my characters, i'm using "Full size" in Texture size option, and i'm not using SLG.  I tried different settings in texture size option but they didn't fixed the problem.

Thanks for all the replies, what you sugest didn't apply to my case, i use all M4 and V4 characters and no scaling.

anyway i don't exactly what happened but the texture seams just went away, what i did was turn off the gpu acceleration and texture seams didn't appear, at same time i noticed that i was using the wrong version of lux render (was using the no opencl version, so i upgraded to the latest opencl version 1.0 rc3, and no more texture seams, what happens is sometimes when i select gpu acceleration the renders show transparency on some objects, weird stuff or the render just hang. My guess it is something related with my video card drivers something...  (i've ATI Radeon HD 6450). 

Does this makes any sense?

It does, actually. There are a number of options that need to be checked for GPU-processing to work in Lux. As the developers have noted, it's still very experimental. Your seam(s) issue was most likely the result of the GPU 'collect texture' operation and not all that uncommon to happen without more adjustment. Overall, it's a bit longer answer than that, but for time, space and interesting text, that's the short version. Good you got it figured out though.

We as a forum and a group can only offer possible solutions that may affect your situation, but as we can't see your computer, it is a cummulative 'best guess' without more information.

crimsonworx.com; free ebooks and previews

I've bowed down to facebook: https://www.facebook.com/crimsonworx