Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Bagginsbill's Sketchbook

bagginsbill opened this issue on Jul 30, 2012 ยท 130 posts

bagginsbill posted Sat, 04 August 2012 at 4:05 PM

On furniture we have places where we want that wrap-around seamlessness even if the texture is not seamless. But we also have places where we want to artifically create seams.

For example, each drawer in a chest should look like it's a different piece of wood. But we want to use the same generic texture on the whole thing.

So Tom arranged the drawer faces so that they are cut out of the generic texture from different areas, and different orientations. It's still all one texture on the piece, but it looks like it was made with custom textures because there are discontinuities where they should be, and continuities where they should be.

But - we can use any texture on the piece - anything at all !

Lots of people think we're using seamless textures - we're not. Some of them I made seamless, but I didn't have to.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)