Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Speaking of Poser Native Figures, SIGGRAPH News...

WandW opened this issue on Aug 03, 2012 · 286 posts

Glitterati3D posted Sat, 04 August 2012 at 9:37 PM

Quote - "To use Reality effectively, one must understand the basics of lighting. It's not a tool for people who are lacking that skill set. Then, there's the understanding of shaders and texturing knowledge required to use the tool effectively."

Aren't those pretty much requirements for using Poser, DAZ Studio etc. effectively? I wouldn't ding Ford for not mentioning that in order to use an F150 effectively you have to know how to drive :-)

That's true, however, some of the information being tossed around gives the impression that it's not necessary.  I've spoken to several people who thought they didn't have to "bother" with learning those skills if they bought Reality. 

Frankly, the amount of knowledge in lighting and textures required to use Reality effectively should place the product at the Advanced level.

I personally believe it should be stated clearly that this is not a beginner Poser product, and suggesting you can get a render "from start to finish in 18 minutes" is ludicrous and misleading.