Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Is Genesis Killing DAZ?

gagnonrich opened this issue on Aug 04, 2012 · 172 posts

ssgbryan posted Sun, 05 August 2012 at 11:04 AM

> Quote - "Actually many of the genesis "features" were already available in poser figures before." > > I don't think that people really understand the difference. > > It is not that V5/M5 are beautiful character even if they are, It isn't because of excellent weight mapping even if it is, it isn't about subdivision that open up a the whole game market. It is not because is much easier to make conforming clothing (anyone can do it). It is because you as a vendor only have to create one set of cloth for a whole range of characters. And all V4/M4 characters can very easily be used, not only on Genesis base figure but all the derived characters from it. > > There you have a powerful concept. > >  

You mean like this?

In the first image, I have a V4 piece of clothing - The Courageous Outfit for V4.  Going from left to right - V4, V3, Kez, Sydney, Anastasia, Miki 2.

In the second image - I have a M4 piece of clothing (with the V4 to show the differences is uniform design) - The Valiant outfit for M4. The males from left to right - M4, M3, Apollo Maximus, Rikishi and Kelvin. - The best part - notice how the non-DAZ characters do not have the "macaroni" shoulders that the DAZ characters have.

Yes, being able to put any piece of clothing on any character is a powerful concept - One which we have had in the Poser world since the Poser 6 timeframe.  And we can do it with any character that has either Wardrobe Wizard or Xdresser support.  Genesis requires us to purchase genesis specific clothing or deal with autofit all of which only works to put older clothing on genesis.

One other thing to note.  Genesis clothing may go on male or female figures, but so far, the unisex clothing has been cut for females.  There is a reason that Town & Country for Genesis, the male is always wearing a tie - the buttons are on the same side as a female shirt.  On the Farm for Genesis has the pants cut at a capri length - fine for females, but give off a "Deliverance" smell for the men.