Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Is Genesis Killing DAZ?

gagnonrich opened this issue on Aug 04, 2012 · 172 posts

RawArt posted Sun, 05 August 2012 at 3:11 PM

Well alot of changes have taken place at DAZ over the last year, and there are still more changes coming.

I myself am not happy with alot of the changes, and have had my share of exchanges with daz to that regard.

But the fact that changes are still going on, and whatever the situation is now, doesnt mean it will be that way 6 months from now. All people have to do is keep an open mind.

It is tiring to hear "oh so and so did this or that...so I will never go there again", when really, its only a store...a place to buy products for making art. The sensible thing is to see if there are any products that would help your art in this store or that store and if the product appeals to you, then buy it. The politics of what people believe a store to represent is ridiculous. In the end, if you need or like a product, then you should simply buy it.

I will never understand people not shopping somewhere out of principle, like their not shopping there will really make a difference. Because it really doesnt. There are always new people coming in to buy where others leave. The only ones they hurt is themselves for cutting off their nose to spite their face by refusing to buy stuff that could really help them make better art. But again, its not my place to change their opinions. If they feel what they are doing is good for them, then fine, more power to them.

But in the real world, it really is all about products.....what products do you need to make what images you need. That should really be the deciding factor in anything.

I know I will keep making the products I like, and I hope people will keep buying them. Not out of politics, or even wether they like me myself or not.....but just because they think they are cool, and know I will always put my best into them.

Success only comes when people try their best. DAZ is trying, Smith Micro is trying, both will grow as they will. Success will only be measured from the future, looking back at what they did. Right now we are all just in the middle of the game, trying to do the best we can.

Rawn