Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Speaking of Poser Native Figures, SIGGRAPH News...

WandW opened this issue on Aug 03, 2012 · 286 posts

Glitterati3D posted Sun, 05 August 2012 at 3:22 PM

Quote - My take is that it is marketing shorthand. It does let people render their poser scenes in Lux.

You don't have to know anything about lighting, etc to render a scene in Poser-but if you want it to look GOOD- you really do.

To get the best out of Poser renders you really have to use 2nd party tools and shaders anyway. For the best SSS skin- you use shaders largely developed by Bagginsbill- and the easiest way to apply them is SnarlyGribbly's EZskin.

I started out doing all that by "hand" - (and I still prefer my own teeth shader to the one in EZskin).

I don't use Lux- so correct me if I'm wrong-with Reality IS it possible to easily render a Poser Scene in Lux- whether or not all shaders are perfect? I'd be testing it myself-but my computer won't support OpenCL hardware rendering.

Actually, no it's not any easier.  You still have to load all your textures, just like in Poser, you still have to prepare your scene.  The only difference between rendering in Poser and rendering in Lux is passing the Poser scene to Lux instead of Firefly.

Reality provides an INTERFACE between you and Lux.  You use the Reality interface to designate your render settings - just like changing render settings in Poser.  You MUST know what those settings do in order to get a decent render.