Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Speaking of Poser Native Figures, SIGGRAPH News...

WandW opened this issue on Aug 03, 2012 ยท 286 posts

LaurieA posted Sun, 05 August 2012 at 5:22 PM

Quote - > Quote - Well, Luxrender isn't all that hard really ;). Just need to read the wiki - some pages more than once..lol.

Laurie

LOL, just watch the video......

Hope there's more settings for rendering in Reality 3. And the ability to use a shader created by another. And it's limited what you can do with a shader - at least from what I saw in the video. The other materials may have more options. It very well may be dumbed down a little too much for someone like me ;). I want way more options. Like the ability to use Gaussian for the filter or Metropolis for the sampler. Or path or bidirectional path tracing, and the ability to choose the accelerator, etc. Being a Poser user doesn't automatically make you soft in the head ;).

So far the only thing I've seen that's different from the exporter I use is the preview, which I really don't need. Some will tho. I tend to set up my materials in Blender and then write them in XML for Pose2Lux.

And "Reality render"? Really? No wonder the DS ppl paste that "Rendered with Reality" all over everything ;). I cringe when I see that. Like Reality was doing the rendering. Ugh. "Reality Export" would be MUCH more accurate. And a lot less confusing for the people that really don't get that Luxrender is doing the rendering.

Laurie