Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Is Genesis Killing DAZ?

gagnonrich opened this issue on Aug 04, 2012 · 172 posts

RawArt posted Sun, 05 August 2012 at 5:40 PM

Quote - > Quote - > Quote -  

I will never understand people not shopping somewhere out of principle, like their not shopping there will really make a difference. Because it really doesnt. There are always new people coming in to buy where others leave. The only ones they hurt is themselves for cutting off their nose to spite their face by refusing to buy stuff that could really help them make better art. But again, its not my place to change their opinions. If they feel what they are doing is good for them, then fine, more power to them.

Rawn

On the whole I agree with you and the reason I do not shop at Daz at present because there is nothing there that I want/need that  iahve not already purchased.

On the wider issue there are places where I will not shop on principle and I know that  my decision has no impact on the company but I sleep just a little easier in bed at night.  There are also companies I do not invest in, do they miss my money - not one bit but I do not want to see workers abused so I can make a quick buck.  It may be a strange outlook life but I am happy with it.

There are lots of companies I don't do business with, just based on my personal belief system.  I'm sorry, but I don't spend money with companies that are morally repugnant to me.  I just don't encourage bad behavior with my hard earned dollars.

Which is fine if it helps you sleep at night....just don't kid yourself that the companies lose sleep over it.

I know rebok isn't losing sleep over me not buying shoes from them LOL