Forum: DAZ|Studio

Subject: Reality Render thread. A new beginning.

Pret-a-3D opened this issue on May 14, 2012 · 8453 posts

inquire posted Tue, 07 August 2012 at 1:40 PM

Where is this rant? Sorry, but I've only got time to read parts of this thread, and it's in another thread, right? Can anyone supply a link. I know, it sounds naughty to go and read an ugly rant, but maybe I'll take just a tiny peak.

Quote - > Quote - It is mind bogling and makes you wonder where all that anger comes from since I never had anything to do with that person.

Because he has a point? WTF is this?

http://i.imgur.com/vD3zC.jpg

Whether or not it was intentional, it just comes across as underhanded, like some marketer somewhere is trying to pass off a free-as-in-speech and free-as-in-beer renderer as really being  just Reality itself, a commerical product.

As repeatedly pointed out in that thread, the term "render engine" refers to the application that generates an image from a scene description. There is an established term for what things like LuxBlend and Reality (and shall I mention Pose2Lux?) do, it's called an "exporter" or "plugin". In fact, if you go to Reality's product page here on Rendo, that's pretty much what you find. Reality is pretty clearly described as a DAZ plugin to generate Lux scene files. So why the sudden shift into presenting it as its own "render engine"?