Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Reality 3 for Poser

ghosty12 opened this issue on Aug 08, 2012 ยท 41 posts

aRtBee posted Thu, 09 August 2012 at 2:10 PM

Paolo, questions:

a) (in what way) are the Poser channels Alt_Diffuse and Alt_Specular supported? Because IMO that's where most of the conversion routines go nuts.

b) can we - especially as a community, with freebies etc - build a Poser Materials Library that i) looks well in firefly and ii) works will in Lux after conversion, so we can use FireFly as a kind of previewer while building scenes? That is: can we establish specs for such materials? So we can have mats that serve both engines, instead of mat libs for each separately.

BTW: R3 looks really good, I'm a fan already.

For others: as it stands, the Lux GPU output is not always the best quality not is it the fastest solution. The first is in the path algoritm used, the second depends on the machine. The GPU acts as a hyperfast single threaded device servicing CPU calls. When there are many fast CPU cores, the GPU becomes the bottleneck. In my case (i7-990X, Ti560) using the GPU reduces the CPU load below 50%, so the GPU-render and the GPU-less render finish in about the same time. With less / slower CPU cores or an even much faster GPU, the GPU render is in advantage.

- - - - - 

Usually I'm wrong. But to be effective and efficient, I don't need to be correct or accurate.

visit www.aRtBeeWeb.nl (works) or Missing Manuals (tutorials & reviews) - both need an update though