Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Interested in getting Silo?

LilWolff opened this issue on Aug 10, 2012 ยท 23 posts

primorge posted Sun, 12 August 2012 at 5:16 PM

@meatSim, Must be a pretty good modeler... alot of people use it. I'm on a kind of software exploration kick right now, anything to beef up my toolset. Have tried numerous times to get started with Blender but it's so obtuse that I go back to my standard processes. I always lose my patience when endless baby steps get in the way of actually making something. I think Blender could give Maya some serious competition as the "standard" if they would overhaul the interface, then again it would be a shame to see it become a commercial product.

I have been trying to settle on a strong UVing app for my workflow... I have UVMapper classic but professional isn't available for Mac. I can only UV simple things with Wings because it's crashed my computer before when I've tried to export texture maps larger than 1000 res and the whole UVing aspect of wings is clunky. UVmapper classic doesn't do this but it's limited in it's mesh manipulation tools, Blender is looking like an option if I just jump in there to UV stuff. Anyone have any experiences with Blacksmith 3D? I've also been playing with carrara 5 pro (free from 3dworld magazine awhile back) and the demo of Carrara 8... I've actually had Carrara for a long time but never really gave it a chance. Now that I have I'm mightily impressed... I can feel Poser nervously fidgeting. LOVE the polyline and curve tools in Carrara's modeler, so that is definitely a permanent part of my tool set. All in all very nice, looks like Daz is at least giving Carrara some attention.