Forum: Animation

Subject: Animation test

poisinivy opened this issue on Jul 30, 2012 ยท 8 posts

rokket posted Mon, 13 August 2012 at 1:20 PM

Quote - Thank you for your comments and taking time to watch my animations. I am hoping that in time no matter the software I am using I will be able to create quality animations. My biggest problem is the learning curve in the use of the software. Most of this "CHEAP" Software the animation part of it was a after thought. Most people use poser and daz just for still graphics having no idea what it takes to create a animation with it.

Poser and Daz is way more difficult to use for animation than the Pixar Marionette software and renderman render engines which was designed for animation creation.

Autodesk Maya is becoming much easier to use now that pixar has started also to use autodesk Maya for off site artist contributing to a project.

I am hoping as time passes and more people become involved in creating animation with poser and daz, that animation tools will improve and become a better software.

all software has to start somewhere.

if your interested in learning more about Pixar software which is now available to the public for API at a very hefty price you can follow this link :) http://renderman.pixar.com/view/renderman

Again thank you for your interest and comment on my animation :)

I am into a wide variety of things CGI. I started modelling a few months back, and I just got back into using Poser's animation tools. I don't find them that hard to use, but I am still learning the animation pallette and how to use it to full advantage. I can't' spend a lot of money on my new hobby, and thus most of the software I have for it is open source stuff. But I will check out that link just to see what is going on there.

If I had a nickle for ever time a woman told me to get lost, I could buy Manhattan.