Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Bagginsbill's Sketchbook

bagginsbill opened this issue on Jul 30, 2012 · 130 posts

EnglishBob posted Wed, 15 August 2012 at 3:48 AM

Quote - As a color gets darker, whatever green is in it becomes more emphasized.

Back when I was painting model railway scenery, we often used to make greens by mixing yellow and black. "Real" green was too bright and didn't look realistic, so that was reserved for highlighting. I'd assumed this effect was something to do with paint formulation, but this is an interesting explanation. It makes sense, since the human eye is most sensitive to green wavelengths when you're discussing monochromatic light. The CIE colour triangle also contains more green hues than other colours, most of which can't be reproduced by any means, by the way. The human eye can perceive a lot of shades that can't be displayed or printed. (I did a lot of work on colour perception and colorimetry while experimenting on colour TV systems a long time ago. Made my head spin. Then I designed a monochromator for a scientific instrument company. I still don't understand colour perception though, sorry...)

Quote - This does not look the same in a browser as it does in Poser. I don't know why.

Some browsers implement something called colour management, a concept I was only recently made aware of. I'm reading up on it now. It would have profound implications for digital artists displaying their works online, it seems.