Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Bagginsbill's Sketchbook

bagginsbill opened this issue on Jul 30, 2012 ยท 130 posts

bagginsbill posted Wed, 15 August 2012 at 8:57 AM

Every time I think I've done the final review, I trip over something. This time it's the yellows. Have I over-represented the yellow group - is there an important color I'm missing that should make one of these three be dropped?

In the back is Super Gloss, front is Candy Satin Flame.

Left to right is Amber, Insignia, and Ochre - three yellows.

They are almost indistinguishable in Super Gloss, but in Candy Satin Flame they are really different. I think all three are needed in Candy paint, but it seems wasteful in Super Gloss. On the other hand, I don't want to deal with a different set of 100 colors for each of the 14 shaders.

And there will be more over time. I anticipate somewhere around 30 more important glossy-style shaders. I'm hoping to use the same BB100 colors for all.

This is why I'm struggling so badly - afraid to ship now in fear that I make the BB100 colors not so great for the shaders coming down the road.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)