Forum: DAZ|Studio

Subject: Reality Render thread. A new beginning.

Pret-a-3D opened this issue on May 14, 2012 · 8453 posts

superboomturbo posted Wed, 15 August 2012 at 3:54 PM

Quote - > Quote - > Quote - Sharky or anyone else that runs GPU: Strangely enough, I was in the mood to give it another go last night, but checking just the GPU function, not slg, would outright crash Lux once it loaded my cards into the log. I had the workgroup set to 64. Anything else I'm missing? Driver is very latest for nivida, and am using lux rc3. 

SBT.. I had no idea what that workgroup size dealio was for.  Started tinkering around with it about a week ago and too had lux crash when the workgroup size went above 32 for me.  Don't flame me or anything, but I was under the understanding that nvidia sucked for gpu rendering and that ATI was the card of choice for gpu rendering?

I'd probably agree with that, I installed a Nvidia carcd yesterday as my current install of W7 really seems to hate ATI drivers (I normally use ATI/AMD in every machine) and tried running a render with GPU on to try it, Lux didnt crash but after 30 minutes I had 0sp, 0% efficiency etc.  everything was zero.  Might be time for a reinstall and back to my ATI boards.

Abi.

Nah, no flames :-) I wonder if its from running in SLI. I'd hate to think it was driver related. Hmm! 

crimsonworx.com; free ebooks and previews

I've bowed down to facebook: https://www.facebook.com/crimsonworx