Forum: Bryce

Subject: My latest has been rendering to disk for several weeks now.

UVDan opened this issue on Jun 22, 2012 · 29 posts

Agent0013 posted Thu, 16 August 2012 at 9:27 AM

Quote - Silverblade33 two posts above you Agent0013.  BTW you are named after my favorite number.  I was borne on Friday the 13 th.  It will probably be until the weekend before I get a video recorded on UV Mapper Classic, but I have not forgotten.

Silverblade33 I keep hoping that Bryce is going back into development soon for some rendering tweaks and animation tweaks and some tweaking to the bridge to and from DAZStudio 4 Pro.  I often admire renders done with Vue and Terragen.  When I try to use the fancy render options in Bryce, I end up with a weeks long render or a crash.  And I have a machine with two cores so I ain't slouching too bad in the hardware dept.

Gotcha with the Silverblade33, UVDan.

As for the number, it is actually my lucky number, and you were born on my lucky day. As you have already helped me with learning something about UVMapper, you have brought me luck. Fitting!

On my earlier post where I mentioned converting my groups to a mesh: It seems I may have been a little hasty. It seems that terrain objects cannot be converted when booleaned and grouped together. I'm not sure if you can convert other object types that are grouped with a terrain object; however I will try it and let you know my results.

The point of converting booleaned groups to a mesh is to reduce the poly count. Not all conversions do this but in the case where you have negative booleaned objects grouped with positive ones I have found that the conversion operation removes the unused negative and positive polygons. Only the polygons that show as visible in the render will remain. At least that is the way I understand the conversion operation. Kind of like a "Polysectomy".

Stay awesome!

Agent 0013.