Forum: Bryce

Subject: My latest has been rendering to disk for several weeks now.

UVDan opened this issue on Jun 22, 2012 · 29 posts

Agent0013 posted Thu, 16 August 2012 at 1:13 PM

Quote - Silverblade 33 a cursory look at my image fails to reveal the the explosion is composed of four different meshes.  Each one with volumetric transparency.  There are also 3 lights inside.  Whenever I put one of my explosions into a scene, the render time goes way up.  I am trying to "billboard" some of my explosions so I can get more of them into a scene.  But yes I agree that there is probably something else going on as well.

Agent0013 I try to use Hexagon to model any objects I need so that booleans are not necessary.  I have been actively avoiding booleans like my life depended on it since 2001.  They cause only grief and heartache as far as I am concerned.

That's cool. I have been using several programs to create my models. As I am new to Hexagon, I cannot say much concerning it. I also have Blender, which is comparable to Hexagon, and Wing3D, which is a kind of way simplified modeller. I use them all, sometimes for creating a single model; performing different operations within each to get the effects I desire. Bryce is included in that group because there are things it can do that make it easier to reach a desired result.

As for the explosions you mentioned, I found a posting somewhere that says the more you have the longer the render time. I think it was when I downloaded a flak exposion zip file in .obp format for Bryce.

Stay awesome.

Agent 0013.