Forum: DAZ|Studio

Subject: Reality Render thread. A new beginning.

Pret-a-3D opened this issue on May 14, 2012 · 8453 posts

Sharkbytes-BamaScans posted Tue, 21 August 2012 at 8:28 PM

alright.. first impression of 4.5?  for my own workflow.. freakin LOVE it...  the issues I had with clothing meshes intersecting genesis' mesh and causing my trans maps to be negated is no more.. no more going thru the ol' "convert to weight map..  transfer utility" b.s.  you just pop your hair or clothes on and the morphs are just... THERE.  YAY!  And.. the smoothing modifier now?  it just...  WORKS.  YAY!  before.. when making and testing new textures for clothes.. it was an 1/2hr to hour long nightmare of fiddling with morphs until clothes looked right and didn't conflct with the genesis mesh.  I've yet to fully explore the push modifier but I'll get into that soon.  I'll keep my version of 4.0 around until GenX is updated for 4.5; but, after that 4.0 will get trashcanned.

I know Paolo said no code was changed in 2.5; but, I loaded in a simple model, clothes, one mesh light scene and it's rendering like twice as fast as it was last night.  That and after only 50 passes; it's looking nice enough that I could easily clean it up in photoshop and call it done.

All in all, I'm a happy camper with 4.5; and this is coming from an upgrade hater.