Forum: DAZ|Studio

Subject: Reality Render thread. A new beginning.

Pret-a-3D opened this issue on May 14, 2012 · 8453 posts

Sharkbytes-BamaScans posted Wed, 22 August 2012 at 10:19 AM

bob.. yeah.. there's a tad bit of lag.. it's more irritating than deal-breaking though.. it took me all of about 2 minutes to get accustomed to it to the point that it's negligible.  My one pissy point that I've found so far is that GenX is broken.  I even pulled callad's trick and saved a copy of my old studio.  Where it breaks is that GenX has to read Genesis' geometry before transferring the morphs; and Genesis got an overhaul for 4.5. So it pops an error when reading.  I've almost quit using it though as I mostly just dial up my own toons now and just use the textures from my 4th gen characters.

once again.. on the lag issue.. don't let the haters blow it out of proportion.  say when i load a piece of clothing onto genesis and then go to the smart content tab for it's textures.. it might take like 10 seconds for the textures to show  up.  this may be major for others; but, for me, the pluses outweigh that.  hell.. i can't even really call it a "minus" i'd just call it a quirk.  i always remember back to when i first starting using photoshop on a 486 dx/100 machine.  it would take 4 or 5 minutes to load.  now it takes maybe 20 seconds on this machine.

I blame it all on our cell phone/superhighway/jet airplane/microwave popcorn society. If waiting 10 seconds for something to show instead of 2 seconds is an issue; then there's deeper problems than just a tad bit of lag in a piece of software.  Hell, I remember when I was running a software resale website; I'd hand-burn custom cds to mail to customers.  I'd keep a book handy because I only had a 4x cdrw.