Forum: DAZ|Studio

Subject: Reality Render thread. A new beginning.

Pret-a-3D opened this issue on May 14, 2012 · 8453 posts

bobvan posted Wed, 22 August 2012 at 10:29 AM

Quote - bob.. yeah.. there's a tad bit of lag.. it's more irritating than deal-breaking though.. it took me all of about 2 minutes to get accustomed to it to the point that it's negligible.  My one pissy point that I've found so far is that GenX is broken.  I even pulled callad's trick and saved a copy of my old studio.  Where it breaks is that GenX has to read Genesis' geometry before transferring the morphs; and Genesis got an overhaul for 4.5. So it pops an error when reading.  I've almost quit using it though as I mostly just dial up my own toons now and just use the textures from my 4th gen characters.

I bought GenX never bothered getting into it doubt I ever will so its no biggie for me. I am still ok with using 4th gen figures. Especially having so many shoes for them!  I use face gen to create characters if it were not for that and my main character being Genesis based, I prolly would of gone back to DS3. I can post work stuff easily so its no biggie. I am most likely going to 4.5 only which is why I am asking the question before.  The only plug in I was missing was Reality. I am curious to see the speed and if there is any quality improvement to 3Delight. Might come in handy for the odd render.. I have some nice light sets like DT's cloud 9 and Slies of Reality for Reality & DS.

I know I can revert back to DS 4.0 if needed but why bother? As Paolo mentioned there will be no more updates for the 4.0 plug in. I have everything in a file ready to go. I just want to do it when I am relaxed with a lot of time on my hands..