Forum: DAZ|Studio

Subject: Reality Render thread. A new beginning.

Pret-a-3D opened this issue on May 14, 2012 · 8453 posts

Sharkbytes-BamaScans posted Wed, 22 August 2012 at 10:43 AM

just did a quick test.. loaded my bikini test model, put Peek by 3d-age onto her.. applied a smoothing modifer, then went to smart content.. took TWO seconds(using chrono on my watch) for the materials for Peek to show up.  All of this from open to clothed and posed model reading for lighting and render took me about 3 minutes.  Two days ago I would have been fiddling with the smoothing and collisions for another 20 minutes or so trying to eliminate all the poke thru; and she would have been ready for lighting and rendering after maybe a half hour.  So, shaving 27 minutes off my workflow makes a major difference.  I would suppose that it would be an even bigger deal if I was mass producing content; but, as I only do maybe one render a day it's not THAT great of a deal.  Still a plus though.

Where things are going to get fun is when I start working with Solidworks for school.  In 4.5(not sure if 4.0 had it but i'm pretty sure not) there is an obj follower.  If you import an obj into studio and then make changes to the original saved file; it's automagically updated in studio.  Since most of the ppl I go to school with will not be using Lux to render with; I plan on using the Reality/Lux combo to give me an artistic leg up on the classroom competition.