Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: If you can't say something nice...

basicwiz opened this issue on Aug 30, 2012 · 134 posts

hornet3d posted Fri, 31 August 2012 at 3:04 AM

Quote - Seems like people have lost the art of debating and speaking ones mind without attacking someone personally. That is a shame.

Now there is a statement that gets my full support.

basicwiz, I hope you take this comment in the good spirit it is meant but feel free to delete it.  I really do understand where you are coming from and I hate the personal attacks that have taken place in over the last year, not just the last few weeks.  That said the process you outline is going to be so difficult to get right.

There are people here that are some very skilled, and thus busy people, who have given masses of help in these forums.  Yet, due to their lack of time and direct nature, many have taken offence at what has been said.  I understand both sides of this equation but I would hate to see the posts deleted.

There is a thread here at the moment "Look what I just came across" that displays another aspect.  One poster put up information that they thought to be correct and did not like the way they were corrected.  Yet another jumped in to explain that the response was just they way the person posted on all occasions.   In all cases the person in qustion was trying to further the dicussion and at no point was there any intended malice. End result, both parties aknowledged each other and the thread continued with some very interesting background.  I suspect under the new rules this thread will have been killed very early on.

So basicwiz, I respect your work so far and support you 100% in your aims to stop the personal attacks and the baiting but please handle the policy with care as it may achieve it's aim by killing all posts, not just the nasty ones.

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.