Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: A difference between the hobbyist and the pro

Paloth opened this issue on Aug 31, 2012 · 109 posts

RorrKonn posted Sun, 02 September 2012 at 1:57 AM

Quote -  RorrKonn,

There are endless talk about how little you earn as vendors and even the median income of other artists in the society is low is low. Nevertheless I am sure the top vendore have a nice income. How much the vendors earn is a big secret but there are indications. Any product that don't sell (or don't sell anymore) is removed. But there are many vendors who have several pages with products..think for yourself.

Another info I have from the Marvelous Designer site. When the management were trying to set the price for the Commercial version of their product they put a couple of garments up for sale at Renderosity as a test. And they earned $1000 in a month.

This endless talk about low earnings is just another "you shall not think that you are something" variant. If you succeed to acquire a skill set comparable to the professionals there are endless ways to make money. Even little I were contacted by an event company in New York for an consignment. I was forced to say no because it was way over my head. But anyhow.

Edit: Most important of all you must be able to work fast.

I scan the gallery ,I might see the same out fit 10 times.
So i think thay sold 10 of them ,that's not much.

I've never seen a $1000 worth of anything sold In the Poser gallery.

Bet the rest of the venders would like to know how Marvelous Designer made a $1000.

I think vender income is a big secret because thay don't want other commercail jobs thinking thay don't half to pay them.

============================================================ 

The Artist that will fight for decades to conquer their media.
Even if you never know their name ,your know their Art.
Dark Sphere Mage Vengeance