Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: OT - Asylum of the Daleks - no spoilers for those who haven't watched it yet.

SamTherapy opened this issue on Sep 01, 2012 · 102 posts

SamTherapy posted Sun, 02 September 2012 at 12:06 PM

I've enjoyed the show from day one, all those years back.  Overall there have been more good episodes than bad and more good cast choices than bad.  For a show that's almost 50 years old it's not a bad average.

I've enjoyed almost everything about the comeback series (not a reboot, btw), including RTD's stories, for the most part.  This particular episode, though, I thought was a real let down.  The huge continuity error with Rory and the dormant Dalek shows a general lack of care and attention, which IMO was also present in the writing.

@ thefixer - I never thought of that, mate.  I apologize if I have given the game away but I hope I haven't.

@ khai - I agree with you about McCoy.  There was something basically sinister about him, reminiscent of Hartnell. 

I will say this about the episode... As a Dalek fan, I thought the Daleks themselves looked superb.  I guess I'm going to have to make some battered ones now.

And as for Karen Gillan...drool :) 

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery