Forum: Vue

Subject: Indian dancers in a garden... help ?

agiel opened this issue on Sep 08, 2001 ยท 17 posts

Bop posted Sat, 08 September 2001 at 9:10 PM

AAAaaaaarrrrgggghhhh !!! I made a post and it disapeared !!! So, I try again... As I said, I think this scene is really great, but suffer of three problems. The first is that, as Kurka said, your background is too uniform. If you semi-close your eyes, nothing really appear, except the two characters. You should manage more shadow/light or colors contrast by slightly changing material colors of your vegetations, or, as Axe555 suggested, by putting some colored spotlights, or making global light more solar than ambiant. The second is that your characters looks excluded from the scene. There is a lot of vegetations or elements (statue) on the second plan, and nothing in the front plan, except the dancers. You should put one or two elements, little plant for exemple, near the camera, in the right or left down corner of the scene. The third, the most subjective, is an image composition problem. I think you could make your scene larger, put your dancers on the left, as you did, Make your terrain raising from down left to up right and put your temple on top of it. This for manage more space to sky, that could be an important element for the mood of this picture and, more important, for setting up a discussion between characters and temple, the two primordials elements of this scene. You could strenghten the effect by placing a vertical element (tree or statue) on the right of your scene for responding to the verticality of dancers, and leading the eye to the temple. Well, as I'm french, I hope all this is clear in spite of my poor english. As I said before, I really like your scene. This is just a few advices for improving an already excellent job ! :-)