Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: EZSkin v2

Snarlygribbly opened this issue on Jul 21, 2012 ยท 101 posts

Snarlygribbly posted Sat, 08 September 2012 at 5:24 AM

Quote - Hi Snarly

A minor bug with 2.06 (at least the Mac version). When I select the option for Skin 1,2, Ketchup, Marble, etc. It selects the correct option-but does not check the box for "use Material"

That is by design, rather than a bug :-)

My understanding was that users wanted the the differnt SSS treatments but wanted to retain the colour from the attached texture map.

EZSkin has always left the 'use material' unchecked so that the skin colour would be derived solely from that of the texture maps.

Having said that, I could add an option to use the material to the UI easily enough, if it was seen as useful?

I'll see if i can do that this evening, and I'll post it to the EZSkin beta site for you to test. If it isn't there later then I'll make sure to do it tomorrow :-)

Edit: This would, however affect all shaders applied to the figure. An alternative approach would be to create a new shader in EZSkin ('usematerial') that would always tick the 'Use material' box. This approach would let you use the new feature selectively, only applying it to the material zones to which the new shader had been applied.

What do you think?

Free stuff @ https://poser.cobrablade.net/