Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Question for skin texture makers:

bopperthijs opened this issue on Sep 07, 2012 ยท 51 posts

moriador posted Sat, 08 September 2012 at 8:05 AM

I'm not going to post examples from the marketplace because I'm not willing to pick out certain vendors, but lets's just say I've bought some sets that had much, much darker legs than what Gabe has posted. Some have very dark knees.

I have a body, and I can see what it looks like in the mirror, and I know what it looks like when I'm standing up, and when I'm standing up after running 15km -- and I'm telling you, I don't have purple knees and deeply red legs.

I'm not arguing against realism necessarily, though I don't see why we would want our Poser people to be full of bruises, varicose veins, and blemishes when advertisers are doing everything to persuade us that it's possible to eliminate these things if we just buy the right products 'cause look at how perfect this model is?

But it's not realistic for a model to have purple knees and red legs and an orange torso.

So indeed something the character makers is doing to the source textures must be exacerbating the effect.

PoserPro 2014, PS CS5.5 Ext, Nikon D300. Win 8, i7-4770 @ 3.4 GHz, AMD Radeon 8570, 12 GB RAM.