Forum: DAZ|Studio

Subject: Reality Render thread. A new beginning.

Pret-a-3D opened this issue on May 14, 2012 · 8453 posts

KrazyHorse posted Sat, 08 September 2012 at 11:42 AM

Quote - KrazyHorse wrote -

I am in the process of getting everything re-installed along with 4.5 and thought I would give your studio lights a try on a quick scene.  The spots work great but the softbox is not giving off any light. Was this made to be a prop to fill a scene or should it be emitting light?

We are in the same boat KrazyHorse, I've got tons of V4 stuff to put on, so much to do and so little time.

As I have not got any of my own stuff installed this is from memory, the softbox will work as a light source, if I remember rightly all you have to do is set the diffuser material to mat-translucent. Like all lights you may want to play with the voltage and gain till you get the desired effect.

At the moment I have not got a project so I'm bored, is there anything else you would like me to make ?

Thanks John...       I guess if I wanted to use it as a light I would need to change the diffusers opacity in studio because it loads as a light in Reality and there is no way adjust the materials. If I do the scene I was thinking of I will give that a try.

Be aware that all content for Genesis is be updated for DS 4.5.   To anyone that has moved to 4.5, you might want to check this link.

Here is the link:  http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/3885/

As far as a project goes, the only thing I can think of that I have had a need for several times in the past would be some crystals (single and clusters).

If you would like to tackle this let me know and I will find you some links.