Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Question for skin texture makers:

bopperthijs opened this issue on Sep 07, 2012 ยท 51 posts

monkeycloud posted Mon, 10 September 2012 at 7:37 AM

Cool 😄

I guess in your Muscular M3 example Joe, the little bit of specularity that is burnt in there, in the right hand example, is almost serving in the same way as doing a bit of postwork would? In a way...

But I'm guessing your own modifications to the texture have taken care of any areas where burnt in highlight or shadow would conflict, rather than augment, your use of it too??

I guess the real problem with burnt in highlights and shadows is when there is conflict though... as CSpear demonstrated.

I'm also guessing though, that, if we did have those high end displacement maps... we wouldn't necessarily escape the kind of issues that burnt in effects can have... as we would probably need a selection of displacement maps for different poses or expressions.

Skin wrinkles, folds and extra muscle definition added via displacement is going to be equally burnt in to each map, isn't it?

I suppose, one of the main benefits of properly committing to the displacement method though, is that it is fully independent of lighting and colour.

Ideally, it would be good if texture and colour can be separated out more or less altogether, I think?