Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Solar Flare effect

mysticeagle opened this issue on Sep 07, 2012 ยท 30 posts

bagginsbill posted Mon, 10 September 2012 at 1:22 PM

Quote - i noticed when you loaded the first 10 inch sphere in the sun model, you said you were using displacement in inches, stupid question but is that purely because your default poser units are inches?

Well - yes. When I show a screen shot of my Poser display, you are seeing numbers interpreted by my Poser display unit.

However, I point this out only for people who are NOT using inches.

And coincidentally, the internal units of the material system are inches. So if you look at my units and you look at these values in the files themselves, exactly as they are, they match. If your PDU is anything else, they do not match what is in the file as the PDU is scaling them for display.

This is no concern when I give you a material - but it is when I give you a screen shot. It is also a concern when I give you a material and then I tell you to make some specific adjustment.

If, for example, I tell you to increase a bump value to 1.2 that's inches, not meters. If you're in meters or whatever, you have to convert.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)