Forum: Vue

Subject: Indian dancers in a garden... help ?

agiel opened this issue on Sep 08, 2001 ยท 17 posts

Cheers posted Sun, 09 September 2001 at 6:01 AM

Attached Link: http://homepage.ntlworld.com/martin.childs/gamma_test.htm

Hi, Everyone has given great suggestions, and replied with offerings that I had been mulling over, during the night. The default setting for ambient light in Vue, is great for nice atmospheres, but needs to be toned down at the very start of the image making process to get the best results. One thing I would personnally do, is remove the large foreground shadow covering the dancers, as the eye is taken away from them and lead to the brighter background. You could try replacing the shadow with a leafless tree out of view, so that just the branches cast some shadows. The one problem is that the ambient setting for the background, as I mentioned earlier, may need to be turned down if the foreground is brighter. One tip I would give, is open up your image in a paint program and look at the luminosity histogram. If the image is weighted towards the brighter side of it, then you may need to adjust your lighting...or monitor. I have a gamma test at my website, if you need to check your monitor. Keep at it, and keep us updated ;) Cheers

Twitter: Follow @the3dscene

YouTube Channel

--------------- A life?! Cool!! Where do I download one of those?---------------