Forum: DAZ|Studio

Subject: Reality Render thread. A new beginning.

Pret-a-3D opened this issue on May 14, 2012 · 8453 posts

Sharkbytes-BamaScans posted Sun, 16 September 2012 at 9:38 AM

Quote - SBS the Def Surf Mat thing happens when you have forgotten to give something a material, if I remember rightly you get it when the objects are grouped together. In Hex select the object one at a time and keep an eye on the materials tab, the one you've missed will not show in the materials tab.

This one is for Kim, she gave me the water-lily candles idea. As you can see, it needs a bit more time to clean things up but as the girl has no clothes on I'm sure no-one will notice.

John.. I tried everything I could think of to do away with it in Hex.  Did some googling on the topic and seems others have an issue with it too.  The way I got rid of it is to export it as on obj, open in 3DS Max, go to materials editor and delete it there.  Then resave the obj, then import into Studio.

The one issue I had with the stein that baffled me last night is the pivot point on the lid.  I set it correctly in Hex.  So that when the thumb tab is pressed down the lid flips up.  Just like a real stein.  Save that out as an obj.  When I open it in Studio, that nice pivot point is gone.  Even when I sent it directly to studio via the Hex bridge it still did the same thing.  I'll figger it out one way or another.