Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: OT - Asylum of the Daleks - no spoilers for those who haven't watched it yet.

SamTherapy opened this issue on Sep 01, 2012 · 102 posts

monkeycloud posted Mon, 17 September 2012 at 3:46 AM

Quote - If you haven't watched Rango yet, you're in for a treat.  It's superb on every level.

Nope, not managed to watch it yet... will have to try and fit it in this week. Not been managing to fit a heck of a lot in lately. My boy seems to be going through a "sleep is for losers" stage currently... he he... yawn 😉

Render running at the moment for the September forum comp features one Red STLB4C Dalek... of course... I had to have at least one in there 😄

...plus Mystic's chess clock, amongst some other things.

But been kinda stuck in a rut with the Dalek "auditorium" model... i.e. Dalek spaceship interior (scale-wise it's not the "Parliament", maybe it's just a regular ship)... just tweaking polygons last couple of weeks. Texturing with a mild BBGlossy based shader was giving me mesh outline artifacts with IDL, so solving that currently.

Might start a separate technical thread around that issue if I get a minute...

I made a test scene with the earlier version, with 160 odd of those lo polys sat in it. Apart from the texture / mesh topology troubleshooting, just trying to figure out how to finish it off... and exactly how I'm going to use it in a scene.

Came up with a method of fitting even more lo pols in the Poser scene though... e.g. pose a batch, export as single obj, import back in as single prop. Seemed to work in a quick test. Reckon I can get up to nearer 1000 of the "suckers" in that way if it definitely does work :biggrin:

Still to look at the Vue ecosystem idea some more too with them... and then there's the issue of that TARDIS interior... hmmm...

...oh yeah, has anyone made a new series Dalek ship exterior model yet???