Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Free guitars - extremely good free guitars

SamTherapy opened this issue on Sep 27, 2012 · 65 posts

CaptainMARC posted Sun, 30 September 2012 at 1:53 PM

Quote - @SamTherapy -

Maskda's got a new blog about a guitar, but even translated, I can't appreciate the technicalities of the instrument, not being a guitarist myself.  You make any sense of his discourse ?

http://maskda.blog5.fc2.com/blog-entry-742.html

Please excuse me butting in...

But, oh wow, it's a pre-1965 Gibson Melody Maker. The best electric guitar ever.

I have six of them (one of which is in fact a 1959 single cutaway).

Can't wait for this!

Anyway, the Melody Maker, introduced in 1959, was Gibson's low cost student guitar.

It's a lot slimmer than a Les Paul and therefore nice and light. Body and glued neck are solid mahogany, combined with a single piece combined wrap over bridge/tailpiece, they give an amazingly loud and fat acoustic tone rich with sustain.

The drawbacks are the wimpy single coil pickups (it came with a choice of one or two) that, while they don't actually sound too bad, start feeding back if they just look at proper amp, and the very ropey original machine heads.

(I've customized mine, they all have sealed Gotoh tuners and all except the '59 have at least one original PAF in place of the single coil.)

They have recently been reissued by Gibson, and the new models are quite nifty, but of course, the wood isn't anywhere near the quality on the old ones.