Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: I.... am a Poser Pack Rat ..........

TOPcat831 opened this issue on Oct 06, 2012 · 22 posts

EnglishBob posted Wed, 10 October 2012 at 4:44 AM

My Poser library contains only V4 and her sisters, primitives, and some general-purpose lights and materials. Everything else is in a separate library structure which bears no resemblance to Poser's. Since I have P3dO Explorer Pro, I can load content from anywhere on my computer, meaning I can classify things my way.

So I know, for example, that if I want a dress for Antonia, it will be in Z:PoserLibrariesFiguresFemaleAntoniaClothingDresses. If I want a car, it will be in Z:PoserLibrariesObjectsVehiclesCars or a subfolder; and so on. MAT poses, materials and other related stuff is always in a subfolder right next to the item(s) they apply to - I duplicate or create shortcuts if necessary. And yes, Z: is a portable drive, so I can take my stash everywhere with me. :)

This all makes more work at installation time, but I know that if I have something (and more to the point, can remember that I have it), I won't have any trouble finding it. I also keep and backup my downloaded files, so if that obscure freebie site disappears, I won't lose anything. There's also plenty of stuff that I haven't installed, downloaded in case it "came in handy one day". I'd like to claim that's as well organised as my library. I'd like to, but I can't.

:lol: