Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser heaven has arrived?

Zev0 opened this issue on Oct 11, 2012 · 602 posts

hornet3d posted Fri, 12 October 2012 at 5:17 AM

I am presently surprised at this thread and my initial 'yawn' reaction was due to my thoughts that it would quickly became another flame war.  I think the Poser heaven is over-egging it a little, althought I guess it might be for some (and in fairness there is a question mark at the end of the title).

So now I am following this thread with interest and what I really want to see now is some really stunning renders of Genesis in Poser.  I have not downloaded the new importer as I do not see me using it at this point and, although it is free, I have enough stuff filling my hard drive that I have purchased that I 'might' use to add more data I will not use.  My reason for not using it is quite simple, any money I had saved up, once a new Daz figure was rumoured, has long since been blown on V4 (now she is weight mapped) and new figures.  I may use Genesis if the expense is worth it but I am not blind to the fact that this will be a not unsubstancial outlay.  So I will start saving again and look make a decision in a years time or so time but if it is to be spent on Genesis it will because the renders I have seen show me it is a solid investment.

I will follow this thread and the galleries with interest.

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.