Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Can someone unemotionally state the advantages of Genesis over V4/M4 in Poser?

Mark@poser opened this issue on Oct 12, 2012 · 204 posts

Mark@poser posted Fri, 12 October 2012 at 2:43 PM

Quote - I'm not sure anyone is going to be able to give you a complete list of advantages over V4WM.  While I respect the views of others in this forum 'bends better' is very subjective and it also depneds on what you render.  For instance I rarely do renders with nude characters so even V4WM has limited impact for me.  V4WM with the perfect series you use does help in most renders in some way even fully clothed so I use them a lot.

I stress I do not use Genesis myself but from comments form others I do see a great advantage if you decide to create aliens or other creatures.  Most of my reluctance to using Genesis is the fact that I know there will be a large finacial outlay to make it a worthwhile purchase, as with most other new figures, and I have yet to see what it can provide for my type of render that V4WM cannot.

That said, now that Genesis is in Poser there could well be something that I would regard as a 'must have'.  It would be a good idea to keep an eye on the other thread 'Poser heaven has arrived' as there are renders from Poser now being posted that might be of interest.

Yes, I tend to agree. I'm not asking for a complete list of advantages, but there's always the euphoria for "Let's get the new figure because it's NEW." that I wanted to get around. Any objective thoughts or reasons as to why to switch are welcome. I appreciate that we are only a day after the release of DSON product, so some responses are only subjective right now, but I thought I'd ask.

Thanks