Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser heaven has arrived?

Zev0 opened this issue on Oct 11, 2012 · 602 posts

anupaum posted Fri, 12 October 2012 at 2:56 PM

Quote -  

Not sure what you mean by 'the injection morphs obviously DON'T work'. Obviously V4 injection morphs don't work on Genesis - she's a different figure with a different mesh, just like V3 morphs don't work on V4. Plus she's not set up to use any kind of INJECTION morph, DAZ started with injection morphs with V3, developed them with the ExP system with V4, but they were always a nightmare for support and with the new Genesis system and the DSON files they have dropped the whole notion of injecting morphs. When you install Genesis morphs, they are then just there next time you load a Genesis - there is no injecting anything at all.

Genesis morphs work on Genesis. And as I explained above, with DS4.5 and the GenX plugin you can also convert all generation 3 and generation 4 morphs to Genesis versions as well. (With the GenX plugin, you can convert all V4 and M4 morphs. To convert M3, V3, S3, D3, F3, A3, H3 and G3 morphs rerquires GenX expansion packs). So you can use V4 and M4 morphs on Genesis (and the pose files that set them to create characters), but ONLY by converting the morphs (and pose files) with GenX.

Thank you for clarifying.

MAT files and hair for V4 work on the Genesis figure, but the morphs don't.  So, if I buy the morph bundle packages from DAZ and install these into my Poser runtime, they will be available to use when I load the Genesis figure, right?