Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Can someone unemotionally state the advantages of Genesis over V4/M4 in Poser?

Mark@poser opened this issue on Oct 12, 2012 · 204 posts

hornet3d posted Fri, 12 October 2012 at 2:59 PM

Yes, I tend to agree. I'm not asking for a complete list of advantages, but there's always the euphoria for "Let's get the new figure because it's NEW." that I wanted to get around. Any objective thoughts or reasons as to why to switch are welcome. I appreciate that we are only a day after the release of DSON product, so some responses are only subjective right now, but I thought I'd ask.

Thanks

I totally understand where you are coming from and, as you see from my comments, I am much in the same boat as I want to know why I would upgrade to Genesis other than just to throw money around.  Unfortunately, because of the history, it seems to be so much more difficult to answer than with any other new figure.  Even with the new importer there appears to be some benefits to Genesis that will only be available if used in Daz Studio.  The morphs are also saved in a different manner to the previous figures so if you have a favorite figure, as I have, this appears to be another hurdle.  I say hurdle because it does appear to be a way of doing it but at extra expense.  If I have to jump through more hoops to use my favorite character this drops Genesis down on my list of interest.

Don't get me wrong, I think is is great that Daz and SM have worked together to bring Genesis to Poser and I am sure some many will find it fun to use, I am just not sure I am one of them.......yet.

Anyway thanks for posting the question and i wait with interest to see your decision.

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.