Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser heaven has arrived?

Zev0 opened this issue on Oct 11, 2012 · 602 posts

DCArt posted Fri, 12 October 2012 at 3:04 PM

Quote - > Quote - Are you trying to use V4 injections on V5?  I might be wrong on this, but I think the main reason it doesn't work is because Genesis is much lower poly (about 1/4 the number of polys that V4 has), so it makes sense that the morphs wouldn't work. I am still installing things so don't know yet if V5 has injections of her own.

Morphs  will only work on a specific mesh - same polys in same arrangement other than being morphed around. It is enough that Genesis is a different mesh to V4/M4, doesn't matter whether it is higher or lower polys.

As to actual ploy size, base Genesis is under 20000 polys, which is less than a third of V4s, thsu using less computer resources both for the geometry and morph deltas. But presuming you render it with the subdivision on the higher setting, then for the render it will actually be a higher rez than V4.

As above, there are no injections. You install morphs with the DAZ installer, or drop the data directory from a morph pack over the data directory beside the runtime while also adding the runtime for the morphs, and when you next load the Genesis (from the importer) all the morphs you have, including the new ones, are just there. No running the little app to update the figure as with V4 after installing morphs. Absolutely no injections of any kind. The morphs will just be there in the figure after install. For characters with custom morphs, the custom morph would just be added to Genesis like any other when you install, and you would then have a pose file jsut to set teh morph dials  but not to inject the morphs - the morphs will be in Genesis without any injecting.

General Body morphs for Gensis come ins ets like the Genesis Evolution essentials, they then mix with Basic Female, V4 morph for Genesis if you have that, V5 shape if you have that, M5  if you have that. It's called the Genesis Genepool. You don't get e.g. a fat morph for V5. Yu get a fat morph, and then that works with V5, M5,  Basic female, the V4 Genesis shape or whatever.

Right, totally get that the morphs won't work because of the differing poly count ... the only thing I haven't found out yet is if there are injection poses that will inject (say) the V5 Evolution Face and Body morphs into her, or if it's a separate file that you load in from the library ... that was my main question. I've been trickling through the various installs and haven't gotten it all installed yet. 8-)