Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser heaven has arrived?

Zev0 opened this issue on Oct 11, 2012 · 602 posts

DavidGB posted Fri, 12 October 2012 at 7:00 PM

Quote - So it would go something like: ...

Thanks DavidGB,,

That looks like a proper pattern to load Daz morphs into Zbrush and back out onto Genesis and into Poser.  I'm not sure if what I want to do is possible yet. The tech is new but has to be more user friendly than the cr2 hack/export/ UVmapper/Zbrush/ UVmapper/Poser/vertice error nightmare I used to do...

wait,,, I did not see this part for some reason. I need to stop scanning posts

Use GenX plugin to convert gen3 and 4 morphs you want (and presets to apply the morph combinations if applicable).

I should just add - I don't, as I said,  have or use Zbrush, and therfore don't use the GoZ bridge plugin. But I do have Hexagon, and have done what I described using Hexagon and the DS Hexagon Bridge (use GenX to transfer V4 and M4 morphs to Genesis; load Genesis and dial up one of the transferred morphs; send from DS to Hexagon via the Hexagon Bridge; refine morph in Hexagon; send back via the Hexagon bridge to load as new morph in Genesis with Morphloader, creating the channel name, group etc in the process; save morph as asset). So my assumption is simply that using the DS GoZ bridge is much like using the Hexagon one. On the general question of modifying with 'a modeller' then it's certainly possible via this route ... even if there isn't a bridge plugin to the particular modeller. Without a bridge plugin, or if the GoZ one doesn't return the morph via morphloader automatically the way the Hexagon bridge does, its simply a matter of maybe having to save out of DS the obj of the morphed Genesis (at base resolution - that's important), not necessary with Zbrush as the plugin definitely will send the mesh straight to Zbrush, and/or maybe having to save out the morphed Genesis from the modeller as obj which you can then import onto Genesis as a morph in DS with Morphloader from that saved obj even if the GoZ brdige doesn't return the obj via morphloader itself.

As always, you just need to make sure that in the modeller you don't change the mesh in terms of actually altering what vertex is connected to which other vertices, and watch you don't change the scale of the mesh (or if you do change it, then change it back).

Do note that you can also export Genesis to a UVmapping tool to generate a different UV map for the figure, then reimport as a new, alternate uvmapping on Genesis that can simply be selected in DS, and called with a pose preset in Poser. This can be useful, for example, with a more extreme morph that would stretch the textures too much at some points if using the V4, M4, V5, M5 etc mappings; you can remap the figure to suit the morph, and the pose that the user useson Genesis to dial up the morphed figure in Poser can at the same time switch Genesis to the custom UVmap as it loads the textures.