Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Can someone unemotionally state the advantages of Genesis over V4/M4 in Poser?

Mark@poser opened this issue on Oct 12, 2012 · 204 posts

bhoins posted Sat, 13 October 2012 at 10:41 AM

Quote - Well, I am looking at it as a replacement for the Gen3 and Gen4 figures (I have around 100 characters for each mesh (even Luke & Laura). 

As I understand it, with Genesis Generation X and the Gen3 add on, I can use the genesis figure with the morph sets (V3, M3, SP3, D3 etc head and body morphs) - I'll keep the figures, but have better bending (which I don't really care about - my characters keep their clothes on) and can use Gen4 & Gen5 maps (much more useful, as far as I am concerned).

I am not impressed with V5 or M5 figures - they look too similar to Gen4 figures;  with respect to monsters that can be made w/genesis,  - If I need a monster, I'll go with a purpose made monster - but that is my (admittedly minority) viewpoint on it.

All your images feature long pants, long sleeved turtlenecked shirts and long hair? :) Sorry couldn't resist. Remember the clothing also has to be tri-ax to work and bends better too. :) (Plus it inherits the morphs from the figure, so you don't have to add, or the vendor doesn't have to add, the morphs to the clothing. )