Forum: DAZ|Studio

Subject: Reality Render thread. A new beginning.

Pret-a-3D opened this issue on May 14, 2012 · 8453 posts

superboomturbo posted Sun, 14 October 2012 at 1:50 PM

Quote - SBT.. i'm not sure about this whole Vue thing.  It may be beyond the scope of my talent. I'm not sure.  I usually do well following tutes to learn how to do things.  Comes from taking bunches of online college courses.  I've been following some geekatplay tutes and my stuff looks like crap.

It took me awhile to get used to, but at the time, this was before I had come across Studio even, so it was all I had. 

Frankly, I find it a difficult program to use, but still easier than blender. You'd have to work at it every day for a year to get good (This is learning on your own, mind you). I really just use it for skies! Load Atmospheres, play around with the sky options, render options, then wait between 2-9 hours for a giant IBL. Next time I run it, I'll try the hdr save though. I had one going last night but the power interruption killed that. 

On a related note, I've been trying the hybrid cpu+gpu mode again. File loads fine, but at the same point where my cpu-only boots up in the log, the hybrid pops up with "Luxrender has experienced a runtime error and has closed in an unusual way".... and to contact program support. It's coming out of Windows c++. 

Any ideas?

crimsonworx.com; free ebooks and previews

I've bowed down to facebook: https://www.facebook.com/crimsonworx