Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser heaven has arrived?

Zev0 opened this issue on Oct 11, 2012 ยท 602 posts

grichter posted Sun, 14 October 2012 at 6:02 PM

What one has to assume is, if the dsf, duf system removes the injection channels and the channel conflicts of PMB's and FMB's which is a great advancment instead of having to open files and check for channel conflicts of add ons, it will only be a matter of time until the following occurs:

1.) Some person like Snarly, PhilC, Netherworks, Semideu, the Perfect injection crew, D3D create a script set that creates the files from a fully loaded V4 and converts them back out for you to the duf format so the channel conflicts are history and they load into the defiault Genesis Character set to your perferred character V4 or V5, etc and possibly the content (clothes) you want to conform to your target character.

2.) Some such advancement is written into P10, PP201X, which allows for auto reading of duf based data files to cut down on file size of saved off characters. ala PMD's but using duf's automatically. Double click on the figure in your poser library and the morphs load like you can do now by hacking a cr2 of V4 or M4, and when you conform a clothing item it reads the duf's in the character and adds them to the cloth (ala auto fit)

My take is that V4, M4 content is compatible with a little to a lot of fiddling. But over time that will eventually become a thing of the past (the fiddling part not the content) as smart third party minds figure out ways to make advancement the original creators didn't invision. That is the beauty of the Poser verse. People dreaming up things and ways to do things that were considered impossible.

Me, I want to load up how I invision a scene and spend my time on lighting and composition. I can do that right now with V4, M4 and other new WM'd characters quickly. Maybe use morphing clothes or Xdress or WWII when I have to in a pinch for Older or other character content. Not spend time fiddling hoping something will work.

The DSON thing is a huge leap forward it appears. Just needs the rough edges removed and a little more to occur automatically. That will come with time and some of the smarter 3rd party minds here and or The SM-Poser development crew in the next version given enough time to apply their tricks of the trade so to speak.

Gary

"Those who lose themselves in a passion lose less than those who lose their passion"