Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: OT - Asylum of the Daleks - no spoilers for those who haven't watched it yet.

SamTherapy opened this issue on Sep 01, 2012 ยท 102 posts

Redfern posted Tue, 16 October 2012 at 10:32 AM

Being at the office right now, I don't have access to the sites where the announcements were made, but with the stories that start airing in 2013, Character Options will switch from 5.5 inch tall figures it has released since 2006 to the smaller 3.75 inch type figures (Star Wars scale). Alistar Dewar (in charge of the DW line at Character Options) has stated this will NOT affect the "classic era" collectors' line which is commissioned by UnderGround Toys and Forbidden Planet. So, should we get a Sarah Jane (a strong possibility) as she appeared in "The Android Invasion" (with swappable faceless robot head), she and future figures based upon the 1963-1989 series will continue to be made at a 1/13th scale.

However, when Character Options releases a facimale of the Doctor's newest companion, Oswin, sometime next year, she will stand less than 4 inches.

"Classic era" fans wonder what will happen whenever Matt Smith "retires" and his successor takes center stage. Will Character Options provide a legal loophole to allow the release of a "special" 12th Doctor to match those from the "Eleven Doctors Collectors' Set"? I certainly hope so, but, obviously, I don't know.

Just a "heads up" for anyone collecting this line.

Sincerely,

Bill

Tempt the Hand of Fate and it'll give you the "finger"!