Forum: Blender

Subject: Blender Cycles Materials from Poser/DS

PickledPapaya opened this issue on Sep 25, 2012 · 33 posts

PickledPapaya posted Fri, 19 October 2012 at 4:17 PM

Because I am so lazy, and am hating the multi-step process, I have made a script that is a 1-click Poser to Blender Cycles, using the mcjTeleblender framework (available here).  It does not bring in lights or camera, but the materials is the hardest part anyway.

Since I am not a great programmer, I have pillaged some of Smith Micro's Python scripts to get it done.  Since I cannot get an OK to share a modified SM Python script, I am going to leave it to you to do the modification, for personal use:

1. Download the Poser Export Python Script from THIS PAGE

2. Download PoserToCyclesPart1.txt from THIS PAGE, copy all and insert it into #1 above on line #204 (between "fileName, dst = getFile()" and "if fileName:")

3. Download PoserToCyclesPart2.txt from THIS PAGE, copy all and insert it into #1 above, at the end of the file

4. Save the new file as something like:  PoserOBJ_Export_BlenderCycles.py

Thats it.  When you run the new Python script, it will ask you for a file name for the OBJ.  This filename will also be used to create a directory and put the OBJ, MTL, PY, BAT and all of the collected MATS into.  It will then launch Blender and import it all in using mjcTeleBlender.

Cool stuff!  :thumbupboth:

If SM tells me I can put it all together for you, I will, but it's really not that hard.  Feel free to add to it, if you are up to the task of adding camera's, light or changing scale in some way!!!!  (...hint, hint, wink, wink, nudge, nudge...) :tongue1: