Forum: DAZ|Studio

Subject: Reality Render thread. A new beginning.

Pret-a-3D opened this issue on May 14, 2012 · 8453 posts

KrazyHorse posted Sat, 20 October 2012 at 2:12 AM

Quote - > Quote - > Quote - > Quote - > Quote - > Quote - It looks a lot like the issue I was having.  If you have 2 meshes colliding with each other than you'll see black splotches.  On the eyebrows.. use a smoothing modifier.. set it real low like 1 or 2.. then set the collision instances to like 5 and set the collision object as genesis.  should clear up

It isn't genesis, it's V4 and her built in eyebrow bit. I didn't think you could use built in bits for the smoothing/collision detection stuff. There is no seam/issue showing in a 3Delight render (hence why I'm asking here). 

I'll see if I can apply the idea. 

It may well be a mesh collision issue. It's sure not what I thought you were describing. If Sharky's suggestion does not work try adjusting the bangs out from the forehead slightly... 

Edit: What hair is that?

Edit2:What character is that?

Why would adjusting the bangs help when it's her eyebrows that are the issue? Character is FK-Jannika  (V4) (with dial mods) and the hair is Alanis, with a toxic texture. But again it seems to be the Eyebrow body part object - allowing to change eyebrow colours - there is no eyebrow on the base texture - a part which is typically off in my usual V4 renders. 

Thanks for the contiuned help/suggestions/ideas.

I'm thinking it is one mesh intersecting another. An easy test would be to remove the hair and give it a quick render and see if the problem goes away.  I was hoping I had that model so I could do a quick test for you but I do not own ether one.

I could be totaly wrong about this, just trying to help the best I can.

Test it systematically. Start with the model no eyebrows (Render), add eyebrows (render) then hair etc, etc. That way you will know for sure where the problem is. I have seen this problem in the past but not for a long time. I was hoping someone that's had this problem would jump in here but this forum has been real quite today.  

I agree with the testing plan, and started with the most suspect in my mind, the eyebrow - taking it one step further to make sure my 'last resort' option of layering the eyebrow texture into the face would give me a seamless result after turning off the eyebrow-V4-piece. See screenshot. 

It still doesn't feel like the correct fix, but does I feel isolate the problem to the eyebrow. I don't know what it does with respect to preventing adjustments to the eyebrow for expressions or the like or if this is just a surface not a geometry I'm turning off. 

I checked the product and it's an image applied using a transparency so your method should work just fine..